Rocket League

GT6, Trackmania and more!

Rocket League

Postby henzero » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 am

With the success of Rocket League, and it being picked up by ESL, what is the future for Rocket League locally?

Could this be the title that replaces Trackmania?

I haven't picked up the game yet, did spectate Elf the other day, and it looks really fun, and imho good easily be an interesting twist on the usual competitive titles.

No private lobby at this stage, so only option is most likely EU server 4vs4

thoughts?
*Even sober, I've come to the conclusion that I am super K@K*
henzero
Cat breeder

Re: Rocket League

Postby TheVovo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 am

having played the game over the weekend I cant see it replacing trackmania as it isnt a racer.

you can create parties with friends and compete, although i think the limit is 2/3 in the party for comp games.

I would like to see tgl pick up the title for next year though. although using EU servers isnt really a problem. I found that it could become laggy if other players on the server were lagging.
TheVovo
Creates cat skin coats

Postby henzero » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:11 am

Well if TM can be revived next year then I'll be the happies noob around, winter leg was BLEH without TM

check out this article http://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/tabid/4210/Article/20890/Rocket-Leagues-first-paid-DLC-Supersonic-Fury-detailed.aspx in paticular the comment from Brad Kirby mentioning servers and that " just maybe, we can nag them enough to host some servers with us...."

I'm busy giving my PC some TLC, with a fresh install, and disassemble clean and reassemble, will probarbly pick it up next week

TheVovo wrote:having played the game over the weekend I cant see it replacing trackmania as it isnt a racer.

you can create parties with friends and compete, although i think the limit is 2/3 in the party for comp games.

I would like to see tgl pick up the title for next year though. although using EU servers isnt really a problem. I found that it could become laggy if other players on the server were lagging.
henzero
Cat breeder

Postby Elf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:30 am

Henzero! You are missing out on this title my friend. :lol:

I think it's safe to say I like this game.(yes, yes, more tha TM even 8-)) Just over a 110h in the game and still going strong. If this game gets DGL attention I would apply ten fold to get a team to play. With this games cross-play function we can even create a bigger community of players.
This title deserves to be played through a proper hosted tourney

It seems lazygamer hosting/hosted a tourney of their own as well. I just found it by chance a day after registration closed :cry:

Anyway... If you are not playing this title yet... You are missing out... BIG TIME
“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.”
Elf
Chews on bones

Postby henzero » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:48 am

Looks epic, and Im sure it will be a great comp title, MLG/ESL have picked it up already also, didnt check registration numbers but im sure it will be huge

will trade beer for key

Looking to pick it up over holiday sale :D
henzero
Cat breeder

Postby CMaster » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Battlefront is the future Henzero! Otherwise if theres any racing title to take over Stadium 2, thats TM Turbo :D
CMaster
Collects dirty underwear

Postby henzero » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:27 am

Beta did feel nice, but not sure if ill purchase it, all depends on servers etc

CMaster wrote:Battlefront is the future Henzero! Otherwise if theres any racing title to take over Stadium 2, thats TM Turbo :D
henzero
Cat breeder